The Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce is an approved gateway for the Kickstart Scheme, which provides funding to create new job placements for young people who are at risk of long-term unemployment.
The first person to be placed by the Chamber under the scheme is Thomas, who recently started as a Trainee Production Operative at Bolton based Pearl Window Systems.
Jeff Walsh, MD and Owner of Pearl Windows, said: “Pearl has a long history of employing people of all ages and in particular young people from the community. In fact, last year alone, we increased our headcount by just over 20% which was incredible for us.
“The pandemic has been tough for lots of people, not least young adults and so when we learned about Kickstart giving us the opportunity to take even more youngsters on then we jumped at the chance to be involved.
“We start our first two placements this week and our HR Manager tells me they are amongst the best young people he has seen in a while. We have big plans for the continued growth of the business, and we are planning on at least another 10 Kickstart placements this year to help us with this.”
Diane Elebert-Morgan, Kickstart Scheme Manager at Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce, said: “The Chamber is very proud to be part of the Kickstart Scheme, which provides funding to create job placements for 16 to 24-year-olds on Universal Credit who are at risk of long-term unemployment.
“During these difficult economic times, young people are particularly at risk of unemployment and Kickstart provides that extra support to help them gain valuable experience and training.”
Pearl Window Systems is no stranger to gaining ‘firsts’ within the industry, becoming the first
super fabricator, to gain approval status for their revolutionary Installer Scheme, approved by CORGI Fenestration, back in 2019. Having witnessed the outstanding benefits of the Installer Scheme, along with extended warranties and which also includes a Self Certification process, Pearl continue to sign companies up to the scheme. You too can have access to the most recognised consumer mark in the glazing industry – CORGI.
Pearl Window’s Approved Installer Scheme offers both the homeowner and the installer a whole host of benefits:
- No cost passed to the homeowner for extended warranties and consumer protection – its provided free of charge
- Full complaints procedure in place, if required.
- CORGI Fenestration – a trusted brand = more confidence in buying your products & services
- TripAdvisor style rating system, more confidence to buy
- Skills Card shows your ability to carry out the work required, further customer confidence, helping achieve more sales
- Self certify your own installations.No more IBG’s, no more Fenestration Registrations. All taken care of through an easier, ‘one online entry’ through Pearl’s exclusive portal
- Bridge the gap between fabricator and installer, right down to the end-user.
- Cost per installation registration/address is just £15
- The fee includes so much more than other schemes provide and is also priced less than many other schemes.To find out how you can benefit, contact Pearl today on tel: 01942 843586 or visit:www.pearlwindows.co.uk