Image Above: Morley Glass & Glazing managing director Ian Short has helped provide Mill Field Primary School in Leeds with a new set of wheels after he raised more than £15k for children’s charity Variety. Just one of more than 20 good causes the business has supported in its 20th anniversary year.
Integral blinds manufacturer Morley Glass & Glazing has supported more than 20 charities during its 20th anniversary year.
Ian Short, managing director of Morley Glass & Glazing said: “As a successful business we’ve always felt that we should give back where we can and have always done so throughout our 20 years. We’ve made a special effort in our 20th anniversary to help even more good causes in our local community and beyond, with cash or in-kind donations.
“We’ve supported a wide range of well-deserving organisations from grass roots sports clubs and dance societies to large charities and more local good causes. It is tremendously rewarding to see how, what can be a relatively small contribution, can make a huge difference to so many people – and we’d encourage other businesses to do the same.
“A personal highlight was to see the donation of a Variety Sunshine Coach to Mill Field Primary School, as the result of me learning the Samba ad taking part in (and winning) the Variety Strictly Ballroom Challenge last year. I felt truly humbled that so many people took the time and effort to sponsor and support me.”
Recent donations by the business have made it possible for Freedom to Dance to offer a new dancing scholarship, allowed Moortown Rugby Club to resurface one of its pitches and provided a youth charity with improved gym facilities.
Morley Glass & Glazing marked its 20th anniversary in 2018 and supported the following organisations:
- Cancer Research UK (Ricky Richardson climbing Mount Kilimanjaro)
- Community Action To Change Harehills (CATCH)
- Freedom 2 Dance
- Huddersfield Community Trust – Woman’s under 19 team
- Milford Marlins Junior Rugby League Team
- Millshaw Park Rangers Football Club
- Mirfield Parish Cricket Club
- Moortown Rugby Football Club
- Morley Rugby Football Club
- Norristhorpe Juniors under 14 team
- North Leeds Charity Beer Festival
- North Leeds Dance Academy
- Nottingham University – Latin, Ballroom and Salsa Society
- Pudsey St Lawrence Cricket Club
- Rhythm X Mountain Boarding Team
- Rotary Club of Roundhay
- St Pauls Church Morley
- Thornhill Trojans Rugby League Club
- Variety – The Children’s Charity
- Wakefield Thornes Cricket Club
- White Rose All Stars Football Club
- Yorkshire Elite Football Club
Morley Glass & Glazing is a specialist manufacturer of ScreenLine integral blinds and has a unique relationship with Pellini Spa in Italy, who manufacture the ScreenLine range. It is the only UK company to guarantee its customers deliveries in just 10 days.
Find out more about Morley Glass & Glazing at www.morleyglass.co.uk
Return To Newsletter