Apeer, the leading edge manufacturer of composite door sets, has entered the windows market with a groundbreaking new, structurally bonded window and door glazing system.
A first in its field, the radically styled new Lumi collection is set to bring the seamless sophistication of iconic glass structure to the residential housing market. The design-led range of frameless windows, doors, entrance glazing, French doors and a bi-fold door system is being launched at Grand Designs (May 2-10, ExCel, London).
Offering a frame-free, ‘wall of light profile’ the triple glazed Lumi collection is distinguished by its fused ceramic colour border. This is available in eight different exterior colours and eight further interior finishes.
“Entering the glazing market is a natural next step for us. We’ve in depth knowledge of the sector and producing a fibre glass window collection is an obvious progression for our business” said Asa McGillian. As the md of Apeer he has been the driving force behind the company’s innovative all-GRP composite doors and contemporary Modo collection.
Lumi itself has been in development for more than two-and-a-half years and represents an investment of nearly a million pounds for the company.
Said Asa: “I knew that if we were going to enter the windows market I wanted to do it with a radically different product. One that would offer an alternative to anything else out there and would appeal to consumers looking for the kind of cutting edge design with which they could make a lifestyle statement.”
As well as being available in a full suite of matching designs, Lumi has a host of construction and performance benefits:
- stormproof design with flush proportional glazing (the double rebate is completely hidden)
- 50mm triple glazed (6-4-4) toughened glass for maximum insulation and noise reduction
- 80mm GRP double rebate frame offers exceptional U-values – as low as 0.7w/m2k on fixed glazing panels
- Triple gasket seal
- Double euro groove allows for versatile hardware options, concealed hinges and window locks
- High security Winkhaus lock system
- Kitemark glass and Kitemark Lumi composite front door options
- Fab & Fix hardware
- Variable clear glazing options
- Concealed hinges offer smooth action, high weight load opening and wide opening
Lumi comes with a 10 year guarantee (structural, mechanical and colour fast).
Said Asa McGillian:”What we have done is apply our leading edge technology skills to the windows sector to offer homeowners an exciting new alternative to PVC, hardwood, timber-aluminium composites and powder coated aluminium options.”
Lumi windows are available as left and right opening options, fixed panes and top openers. External colour options are light blue, black, white, cream, light grey, Chartwell green, anthracite grey and slate blue. Exterior finish choices are in halo white, cream, black, anthracite grey, AnTeak, Siena, Winchester and Swamp Oak.