As the industry adapts to the changes imposed by Brexit from 1st January 2021, Alutech Systems is reassuring customers that their prices will be unaffected by the changes because they import from outside the EU, therefore the costs are already covered. At the end of last year, the aluminium systems supplier confirmed that there would be no price increase implemented in January.
European System Suppliers have previously pay zero customs duty when importing into the UK, however this has all changed with Brexit and their customers could see a price increase of around 5-8% depending on product.
Here’s some key points to be aware of:
- Imports will need to be declared through an agent.
- VAT will need to be paid prior to delivery, unless you apply for a government guarantee.
- Duty will need to be paid prior to delivery, which will be around 6% on Aluminium Profiles.
- Agents will charge you a minimum fee per invoice/delivery.
- Deliveries may be delayed through customs, either for checks or lack of capacity in ports due to an increase in demand.
Alutech Systems’ Managing Director, Steve Hudson, said, “All of the above could potentially add a massive cost to your business. In these unprecedented times, we appreciate that all businesses are stretched thinly for time and resources. The last thing you need is more hassle and reduced margins.
“Luckily, here at Alutech Systems, we import directly from our partner in Belarus and already have all of the processes and associated costs in place. This gives our customers peace of mind that buying from Alutech Systems will be business as usual!”
If you’re looking to protect your margins in 2021 or have concerns about price increases from other suppliers, please get in touch to discuss how Alutech Systems can support your business growth next year on 01924 350110 or firstname.lastname@example.orgReturn To Newsletter